How to prepare for your wedding cake consultation
So your partner popped the question and you said yes! Congratulations! Now it’s time to buckle down and start planning the big day and what does every wedding need? You’ve guessed it.. a wedding cake. A consultation is great way for us to get to know each other before we start to work on your cake. In this post you’ll find helpful information to help you get ready for your next wedding cake consultation.
When and why you should schedule a consult
Once you know the date of your wedding we can then move on to the finer details of the cake such as:
– The design of the cake ( round or square? Fondant flowers or fresh flowers?)
– The flavour of the cake(s) (choose whether you want all tiers the same flavour or different)
– How many your cake will need to serve ( This is to make sure the size and the amount of tiers is adequate for the amount of guests at your wedding.
-Cake Delivery (I always recommend getting your cake delivered by us to ensure a safe delivery and set up of your cake.
How to prepare for your consult
We charge £25 for a consultation which usually lasts up to an hour and includes three cake samples and fillings from our menu chosen by you, whilst any additional flavours are at an additional cost. However if you decide to choose Cake Empire to create your wedding cake the price of the consultation will be deducted from the total cost of the cake, subject to the condition that the overall price of your cake is over £500.
Here’s a list of things to prepare in order you get the best out of your consultation:
– The Style of your wedding ( This is mainly to match the colour scheme and design of your wedding)
– Examples of cakes you would like ( This is to get a better understanding and more accurate quote for your cake design)
– Colour swatches ( Only really necessary if there is an exact colour that needs to be matched)
If you’re unsure of your style of wedding, or don’t have anything in mind for your cake (Pinterest helps), let us know ahead of time so we can schedule time for more brainstorming.
Ready to get your wedding cake consultation booked in? Schedule a date by contacting us either by phone : 07963324629 or by email: email@example.com